Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) And Urban
Pradhan mantri awas yojana was launched in june 2015 With an object to provide affordable house to all urban and rural poor It has two components Pradhan mantri awas yojana Gramin and Pradhan mantri awas yojana urban
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (Pmayg) :
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Was Launched By misitry of Rural Devlopment after Subsuming the Indira awas yojana. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was announced in March 2016 as a part of Housing for All Mission by 2022
- To provide a pucca house, with basic amenities, to all houseless households and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated house,
- Beneficiary Amount to be paid under the scheme is Rs. 1.20 Lakh (raised from Rs. 70,000) for plains and Rs. 1.30 Lakh (raised from Rs.75000) in hilly, difficult Areas And IAP Districts.
- The beneficiary is entitled to 90 days of unskilled labour from MGNREGA.
- in convergence with other schemes.toilet; piped drinking water, electricity connection, LPG gas connection Also provided
Cost of sharing
- Cost of sharing For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is of Beetween CEntral and state in the Ratio of 60:40 In Plain Areas While 90:10 In Northen And Himalayan States
Selection of beneficiary:
- Selection Done on the basis of Socio economic data of 2011 ,
- Later to be varify in Gram Sabha.Using the secc data households that are house less and living in 0, 1 and 2 kutcha wall and kutcha roof houses can be segregated and targeted.
- Implementation of this scheme is carried out through e-Governance model – using AwaasSoft and AwaasApp.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (Pmayu)
Pradhan mantri awa yojana urban was launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA) to FullFill the housing requirement of urban poor.Below are some key components.
- Slum Rehabilation with help of private builders And constructor
- Credit linked subsidy for affordable housing to poor.(Central sector components)
- Affordable housing in partnership with private sector
- Direct Subsidy for individuals for construction of house
This scheme is Centrally sponsered Except credit linking subsidy
- include Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Income Cap 3 Lakh
- low-income groups (LIGs) Income Cap 3-6 Lakh
- Middle Income Groups (MIGs). Income Cap 6-18 Lakh
Ews category beneficiary can be assistance for all 4 Whereas ligs and migs are only eligible for clss component
Selection of beneficiary
- On the basis of self Affidevite submitted by the beneficiary at the time of loan
- It should not have any pakka house With either his own name or else with is family members name
Phases of pmay U
Pradhan mantri awas yojana For urban people is devided in three phases
Phase 1 was started on (April 2015 – March 2017) And has covered up 100 Cities selected from States/UTs
Started on (April 2017 – March 2019) It wil cover additional 200 cities
It will start on (April 2019 – March 2022) to cover all other remaining Cities.
Credit link subsidy:
- Under cls Loans upto 6 lakh with the interest rate of 6.5% Is tobe given for the 20 years
- Total interest subsidy is 2.30 lakh(To avail this subssidy one should hav minimum 30sqm in carpet area
- Tax payers middle class having annual incom in the range of 6-18 lakh, who dont have pakka house can also grab benefits of subsidy.In this case @120 sqm for income up to 12 Lakh and @150 sqm for income up to 18 Lakh per annum.
- Under this component, government provides financial assistance @Rs. 1.5 Lakh per EWS house being built up to builders in States/UTs/Cities.
- Under this component, the individual eligible families belonging to EWS categories are provided central assistance of Rs. 1.5 lakh.